To install the equipment for the first time, you will be going through a 3 steps process.
- First, you will have to plug and connect your gateway.
- Then, comes the handy work with the installation of the sensors.
- Once they are installed, plug the iLink to the sensor(s) and activate the iLink
- Finally, configure the iLink on the app.
If you are not using a PicoNext gateway, go check here the installation process of your gateway.
Content of the box:
- PicoNext gateway
- AC adapter plug
- 4G antenna
- LoRa antenna
- Screw the LoRaWAN antenna to the right connector of the gateway (the LoRa antenna is marked with a sticker)
- Screw the 4G antenna to the left connector gateway
- The two antennas are now installed
- Plug the AC adapter to the PicoNext gateway and plug it into a wall socket. The gateway should ideally be installed in the same room as the iLink.
- Once plugged, the gateway will start automatically. After 1 - 2 minutes, all the LED’s should be solid green if the gateway is correctly connected.
If you are installing more than a Flow sensor, go check here the installation process for it.
- Install the sensor into the pipe of the water dispenser you want to monitor. Make sure that the arrow on the sensor corresponds to the direction of the water flow.
Depending on the asset, the installation of the sensor should be made by a professional plumber and may require additional fittings.
When installed on a water dispenser that has the option for sparkling water, make sure you always install the sensor BEFORE the carbonator.
- Connect the sensor to the iLink using the M8 connectors cables.
Be careful to plug the cables in the correct way and make sure that the grey lines on the two cables are aligned (see pictures below)
Tighten the screw of the connectors to secure the connection.
Remove the plastic tab to turn on the iLink.
- Screw the three screws in order to secure the back cover of the iLink.
- Place the iLink in a way that no water can leak onto it. Use zip ties or double-sided tapes to secure its position.
The iLink will be associated with your water dispenser. We are going to configure the asset by defining the iLink and sensor associated with it.
- Scan the QR Code on the iLink with the black cable with your smartphone
- Create an account or log in if you have one already.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to the setup page. As your asset doesn’t exist, you will have to create the asset. Click on the button Create the asset associated with the device.
- Configure your asset
- Name: the name of your asset.
E.g. “Water Dispenser 1”
- Asset Type: in the drop-down list, select “Water Dispenser”
- Address: Enter the address where the asset is located. This information is used to display your asset on the map.
- Space: The name of the physical space where your asset is located. E.g “Kitchen / first floor”
- Timezone: your local time zone
- Configure the sensor connected to your iLink
- Specify the number of sensors connected to your iLink: 1 in your case
- For your sensor:
i. Select the sensor type: Flow & Temp. (1/2”)
ii. Stream temperature (optional): Cold
Click “Create”. You will then be redirected to the list of your configured assets.
Your metrics should now be available in the menu under “Metrics Overview”.
To see if everything has been set up correctly, let water flow into the asset you want to monitor for at least 10 seconds.
Check that the sensor has been correctly installed and there is no water leakage.
Connect to the Droople App and see if some data are displayed in the Metrics Overview dashboard. Note that the Droople App will need up to 30 minutes to display the first data points.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Droople Smart Water Dispenser. It’s time to take a break and enjoy a good glass of water :-)