This page will show you how to install the Droople solution on a carbon filter.
You will find some DIY videos and a Quick Start Guide
How to use the solution
- 1 Droople iLink (LoRaWAN communication module)
- 1 Smart flow sensor
- 1 Torx screwdriver T8
- Keep the device out of the reach of children.
- Do not expose the iLink to temperatures below -20°C or above 60°C.
- Do not expose the flow sensor to liquids below 0°C or above 65°C.
- Do not expose the flow sensor to pressure above 17.5 bar (1.75 MPa).
- During installation, cleaning or decontamination of the sensor, the iLink should be disconnected from the sensor and protected from water or other fluid.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing is required to install the sensor on water points.
Install the gateway by following the instruction below corresponding to the gateway model you received.
- Install the sensor into the pipe of the asset you want to monitor. Make sure that the arrow on the sensor corresponds to the direction of the water flow.
Depending on the asset, the installation of the sensor should be made by a professional plumber and may require additional fittings.
- Connect the sensor to the iLink using the M8 connectors cables.
Be careful to plug the cables in the correct way and make sure that the grey lines on the two cables are aligned (see pictures below)
Tighten the screw of the connectors to secure the connection.
Remove the plastic tab to turn on the iLink.
- Screw the three screws in order to secure the back cover of the iLink.
- Place the iLink in a way that no water can leak onto it. Use zip ties or double-sided tapes to secure its position.
Each iLink is associated with an asset. We are going to configure the asset by defining the iLink and sensor associated with it.
- Scan the QR Code on the iLink with your smartphone
- Create an account or log in if you have one already.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to the setup page. If you already have created the asset, click on the button Attach to an existing asset and choose the asset from the drop down list, otherwise click on Create the asset associated with the device.
Configure your asset
a. Name: the name of your asset.
E.g. “Faucet 1”
b. Asset Type: in the drop down list, select the asset type or create your own by clicking on “Other”
c. Address: Enter the address where the asset is located. This information is used to display your asset on the map.
d. Space: The name of the physical space where your asset is located. E.g “Kitchen / first floor”
e. Timezone: your local time zone
Configure the sensor connected to your iLink
a. Specify the number of sensors connected to your iLink: 1 for iLink Mono and 2 for iLink Twin
b. For each sensor:
i. Select your sensor type. Pay special attention to choose the correct size for the sensor.
ii. Stream direction (optional): can be used to distinguish between the inlet or outlet of the asset. Especially relevant for water treatment systems.
iii. Stream temperature (optional): can be used to distinguish the Hot- and Cold-water streams. Especially relevant for Faucets equipped with two sensors.
Click “Create”. You will then be redirected to the list of your configured assets.
- Your metrics should now be available in the menu under “Metrics Overview”.
To see if everything has been set up correctly, let water flow into the asset you want to monitor for at least 10 seconds.
Check that the sensor has been correctly installed and there is no water leakage.
Connect to the Droople App and see if some data are displayed in the Metrics Overview dashboard. Note that the Droople App will need up to 10 minutes to display the first data points.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Droople Smart Flow. It’s time to take a break and enjoy a good glass of water :-)